Tuesday, July 24, 2007

Bummer

Four weeks to the day since I dinged my knee, I've certainly plateaued and perhaps been set back a little. Things were getting better. I was walking. I skied an easy set. Now today I'm dorkus-maximus again. I think that Naproxen works well; but has a relatively slow pharmacokinetic time-constant. Susan found the Rangpur, so at least we have health drinks on board. I'm optimistic.

  • Pharmacokinetics of Naproxen Sodium
    Naproxen itself is rapidly and completely absorbed from the gastrointestinal tract with an in vivo bioavailability of 95%. The elimination half-life of naproxen ranges from 12 to 17 hours. Steady-state levels of naproxen are reached in 4 to 5 days and the degree of naproxen accumulation is consistent with this half-life.

Translation: "Steady as she goes"!

No comments: