Wednesday, January 04, 2012

Words are Cool

I feel extraordinarily blessed that I have lived a life with unencumbered access to books. Growing up in NY, Annie Bosworth would point out more interesting reads than what our class had been assigned. I distinctly recall thinking "The Odyssey" and "Beowulf" were decidedly less cool than "The Electric Kool-Aid Acid Test". I read them all. In West Shokan, Rosalie Burgher opened up the Olive Free Library not only to new books, but to showing the early SLS Cine Productions that would be a precursor to our pigpen adventures. I hope the intertubes haven't ruined all that for kids.

Yesterday, I read my first essay on a Kindle (ok, the Kindle app for iPad). It was "The Queens of Montague Street" by Nancy Rommelmann. What a treat. A must read. Words are cool!

No comments: